A downloadable tool
Beat — a simple and elegant screenwriting app for macOS
Concentrate on writing
Beat was created by a screenwriter for screenwriters. It has a minimalist, distraction free UI and works lightning fast.
And best of all — Beat is totally free and open source! Read more on the Beat website.
- Distraction-free writing
- Nice outlining tools (scene cards and list) make it easy to structure your story
- Uses the plain-text Fountain format to save your screenplays
- Dark mode for the children of the night
- Easy scene numbering
- Autocomplete previously entered elements (such as scene headings and characters)
The app is totally free and will remain so, most importantly because free creative software supports and enables new artists with different backgrounds.
Beat is originally based on Writer, a Fountain screenplay editor by Hendrik Noeller. The source code is released under GNU Public License, which means it will always remain open and public. And anyone can help with development!
You can pay something if you want. All possible profits will be used to pay for hosting costs and an occassional cup of coffee.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Beat 1.1.0d Out Now!25 days ago
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.